Ironworkers Local Union 798 established in 1961 is a Chapter of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers.
Members of lronworkers Local Union 798 are highly skilled craftsman who pride themselves in a long tradition of hard work and strong work ethic. We work to provide our members health insurance, pension and a training program.
Ironworking is more than just a Job to our members, it's a career and lifestyle and our members are not just co-workers, they are brothers & sisters of the trade. We build your office buildings, malls, shopping centers, hospitals, educational facilities, bridges, and overpasses you drive across daily. We do this with not only our own, but your family's safety in mind. When it comes to providing safe and lasting structures for everyday lives of Americas families we make a supreme effort to do the best work possible.
Our ultimate goal is to supply our contractors an abundance of well-trained lronworkers who meet or exceed their needs. We strive to promote a positive and safe work site environment. We have always believed that education and training is the corner stone of our local. A well trained lronworker is always in demand.
Build With Us!
Safe ~ Highly Skilled ~ Drug Free ~ Trained ~ Productive ~ Dependable ~ Reliable
- Our members consist of safe and highly skilled Ironworkers.
- For members, we offer a world-class apprenticeship program, continuing education and a unified voice advocating for fair wages and safe working conditions.
- Contractors call us when they need productive, highly-skilled, drug-free ironworkers.
- The union invests heavily in its members, and contractors benefit from that investment. The Ironworkers International Union spends more than $47 million annually on training. With that kind of commitment, we make sure the men and women who arrive on your job site are ready to work.
- Local Union No. 798 is an American Welding Society accredited testing facilities.